Monday, June 23, 2008

See It, Feel It, Be It

5 Guiding Questions

When applied to any area of your life, these five questions could be revolutionary. This is a fabulous journaling exercise, one that you can do regularly. Considering each area of the Lifestyle Map, ask yourself the following questions:
  1. POSSIBILITY. If anything were possible, what would you create in this area of your life?
  2. CHANGE. What needs to be let go of in terms of your (insert lifestyle domain), both materially and emotionally?
  3. GRATITUDE. What can be more appreciated in terms of your (insert lifestyle domain), both materially and emotionally?
  4. INSPIRATION. Where and how do you find and give inspiration in this area of your life?
  5. AUTHENTICITY. How can you more fully express your (insert lifestyle domain)?

Every person and experience in your life, molds you into the person you are today. I look at each moment as an opportunity for growth and refinement. Feel free to change. Change is the cousin of courage. It takes some steam to say "I was that, and now I am this." Change is not a sacrifice, it is essential to fully living. It's OK to let go, and it's marvelous to move forward. Change can be redeeming. Forget about what they might think at the office, and don't worry about whether your partner can keep up with you or not. Step forward into your life.

PRACTICE: Consider how you've changed in the past year or over the years. And let it be known. Write out a change tally for yourself. For example: Stopped caring so much about what the neighbors think; improved the energy of the living room by getting rid of that chair I never really liked; I now spend my money on experiences instead of stuff; I no longer tolerate criticism; I'm plenty more compassionate.

Have a "How have we changed?" jam session with a good friend (this is an especially potent conversation to have with life partners). Talk about what you've outgrown and come to know and love and left behind. You may be amazed at who you've become.


Last weekend was fabulous. Adrienne and I started out Friday night with a phenomenal bottle of wine followed with great conversation. We talked about our love for the traveling including missing NYC badly. We both would love the opportunity to live there. I know for myself that I need that type of experience before I feel that I can be content. I guess we will just have to see how the cards play out, but for now we are living it up in the South!

The next morning we headed out very early on a LONG road trip to catch up with friends in Evansville, IN. It was nice to visit with friends that I haven't seen in a while. Shar joined in with us at dinner as we filled ourselves up with hot Italian bread and wine! Our conversation was flowing with anticipation as we were discussing plans we had made for later in the evening. And as usual, Adrienne, the cougar cat, finished off dinner with an outstanding dessert. She is famous for having a bit of a sweet tooth! Our evening ended with a lovely walk by the water. There were groups of people that were gathered around by the water front talking and laughing, along with fireworks going off for everyone to watch and awe over. Adrienne and I downed our ice coffee drinks, in an effort for much needed energy, as we made our drive back home. I will admit that I dozed most of the way home. Ok, well I slept! Thanks, Adrienne, for driving.

We were so tired Sunday, so after lunch we took a nap. Which as the picture shows, was very rejuvenating and relaxing! Adrienne snoozed with her kitty cat, Jupiter. I love those cats! After our nap we went to Cheesecake Factory. I had my usual Chai Tea latte, and Adrienne had a pomegranate mojito and Godiva chocolate cheesecake. The atmosphere was fun! It was perfect weather, so we sat outside. We've decided that next time we have to go back for brunch. I'm always looking for an excuse to get together....so hopefully soon!

All together, I thorughly enjoyed myself! Thanks again, my girls, for a fabulous time.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Oh, sweetie... I had a great time with you too! I'm so glad you came up this weekend~